The Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC) coordinates closely with cities, counties, the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT), and Utah Transit Authority (UTA) to understand the needs of our transportation partners and communities. Regional transportation planning is a dynamic process in which amendments to the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) ensure the plan appropriately reflects the evolving nature of the transportation system.
The following is the formal amendment process to the RTP, as adopted by the Council.
- A formal request (i.e., letter) submitted by a local community elected official or transportation agency planning or regional director is made from a city, county, UDOT, UTA, or the Utah State Legislature. Coordination prior to the formal request is recommended.
- WFRC Staff reviews and classifies the requests as one of the three levels, as shown in the graphic below.
- Level 1, Staff Modification, can be amended by staff with no Council action, but does require WFRC Executive Director approval.
- Level 2, Board Modification for Non-Regionally Significant Projects, requires Council action and review by city planners, elected officials, and WFRC committees. Requires a 30-day public comment period but no air quality conformity analysis.
- Level 3, Full Amendment for Regionally Significant Projects, requires Council action and review by city planners, elected officials, and WFRC committees. Requires a 30-day public comment period and air quality conformity analysis.
For additional information regarding the RTP, please contact Jory Johner.