The Joint Policy Advisory Committee (JPAC) is the statewide forum for discussion of cross-agency transportation issues. The committee is comprised of both board members and executive staff from the following participating organizations:
- Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC);
- Cache Metropolitan Planning Organization (CMPO) in Cache County;
- Dixie Metropolitan Planning Organization (DMPO) in Washington County;
- Mountainland Association of Governments (MAG) in Utah County;
- Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT); and
- Utah Transit Authority (UTA).
JPAC coordinates the development of the four MPO’s long-range transportation plans, as well as UDOT’s plans for the rural areas. This coordination leads to the development of Utah’s Unified Transportation Plan. JPAC also discusses issues, including state and federal transportation legislation, roadway and transit safety, traffic management, and active transportation.
For additional information regarding JPAC, please contact Ted Knowlton.