The Wasatch Front Economic Development District (WFEDD) undertakes a regional approach to economic development that aligns with the Wasatch Choice Vision, and is supported by its member counties, including Davis, Morgan, Salt Lake, Tooele, and Weber. The WFEDD’s mission is to support economic development plans, promote long-term economic competitiveness, and attract federal monies in order to implement local plans. The WFEDD implements its mission through the following six regional economic goals.
- Attract businesses that offer higher wages.
- Retain and expand existing Utah businesses.
- Build on and improve the region’s growth centers.
- Encourage entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Increase economic development capacity.
- Maintain and improve our high-quality of life.
The WFEDD operates under the auspice of the Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC) – a public organization established under state-enabling legislation for the creation of multi-jurisdictional area-wide planning. The WFEDD received federal designation as an economic development district from the US Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) in August of 2014. The WFEDD is financially supported by our member counties and the US Economic Development Administration.
For additional information regarding the WFEDD, please contact Scott Hess.