Join us for Wasatch Choice Day at the Utah League of Cities and Town Conference for a full day of sessions offering information focused on the Wasatch Choice 2050 Vision.*
Highlights of the Day Include:
- Opening General Session with Joe Minicozzi of Urban3 “What’s in Your City’s Wallet”.
- Lunch and General Session, Dave Biggs, Metroquest “Public Detox” How to change the public discourse.
- UTA Autonomous Shuttle Mobile Tour – Ride the way of the Future!
8:30 am – 10:30 am
- Keynote Speaker Joe Minicozzi
“What’s in Your City’s Wallet” – Asset Inventory
- Andrew Gruber
Wasatch Choice Vision
10:45 am – 11:50 am
- Initiative and Referendum training for Clerks
- UAPT Annual Meeting
- Q&A follow up with Joe Minicozzi
- Get Centered! Modernizing the concept of main streets and downtowns
- For today’s Utah
- Saving the Farm and your Community Character, Too
- The New State Standards for Your General Plan: Growth, housing, and transportation
- Local Implications of Utah’s New Statewide Transportation Vision
- Rural Resources: How do you get help in small towns?
12:00 pm—1:45 pm
- Lunch and Keynote Speaker: “Public Detox”
Dave Biggs ,Metro Quest
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Mobile Tour: UTA/UDOT Autonomous Vehicle Rides
(Tours begin every 30 minutes)
2:00 pm—3:00 pm
- The Nitty-Gritty of TOD and Centers implementation:
- Parking, policies, and infrastructure
- Transforming Your City into a Bicycling/Walking Mecca
- How to Have Productive Conversations About Handling Growth
- The Changing Tide of Financing in Utah
- Budgeting for Small Towns
2:00 pm—4:30 pm
- GRAMMA Training for Clerks and Recorders
- WFRC Tech Center Data for your City
- Rural Roundup Open House (2-4pm)
3:15 pm—4:15 pm
- Lessons Learned from the “Big Development” Referendum
- Parks and Open Space: Planning for another million people?
- Housing for Everyone: Encouraging quality affordable housing in your community
- Utah County– Planning streets like Brigham Young did?!
- Capital Improvement Plans (CIP) for Small Towns
5:30 pm—7:30 pm
- Mobile Tour: Jordan River Float and Picnic
- Pre-registration required, limited to 25 participants
* WC2050 is a collaboration of Wasatch Front Regional Council, Mountainland Association of Governments, Chambers of Commerce, Envision Utah, Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute, Metropolitan Research Center at the University of Utah, Utah Association of Counties, Utah Department of Transportation, Utah League of Cities and Towns, and Utah Transit Authority