Launched two years ago as a joint partnership between Salt Lake County and WFRC, the Transportation and Land Use Connection (TLC) program’s main objective is to provide technical assistance such as staff time, consulting, and training to local communities for planning, implementation, and visioning efforts that proactively address anticipated growth.
The program encourages communities to integrate their land use and regional transportation plans through the use of the Wasatch Choice Vision key growth principles. The TLC program seeks to help local governments develop in a way that works best for them, supporting their efforts to create livable and vibrant communities.
The Utah Department of Transportation and the Utah Transit Authority also contribute resources to the program.
Now accepting applications for funding. Click on the application process icon below for additional information.
- Help local governments create desired livable communities and focus growth in centers
- Foster a prosperous and livable region as outlined in the Wasatch Choice for 2040 growth principles
- Encourage coordination of land use plans with existing or planned regional transportation
- Reduce travel demand by enabling shorter commutes, providing more travel choices, and cultivating alternative land development strategies
- Promote multi jurisdictional collaboration and regional impact
- Support local outreach and engagement efforts that promote broader stakeholder involvement
Additional information on Transportation and Land Use Connection may be obtained by contacting Megan Townsend.