Amendment 1 Amendment 2 Amendment 3 Amendment 4
WFRC coordinates closely with cities, counties, UDOT, and UTA to understand the needs of our transportation partners and communities. Regional Transportation planning is a dynamic process in which amendments to the RTP ensure the plan appropriately reflects the evolving nature of the transportation system.
There is a formal process adopted by the Council in place for amending the RTP:
- A request is made from a city, county, UDOT, UTA, or the Utah State Legislature.
- WFRC Staff reviews and classifies the requests as one of three levels:
Additional information regarding the three levels of amendments can be found here.
- Level 1 Staff Modification - Minor revisions to RTP language, mapping, or project information. Can be amended by staff with no Council action but does require WFRC Executive Director approval.
- Level 2 Board Modification - Modifications to scope, alignment, or phasing of a non-regionally significant project. Requires Council action and review by city planners, elected officials, and WFRC committees. Requires a 30-day public comment period but no air quality conformity analysis.
- Level 3 Full Amendment for Regionally Significant Projects - Modifications to a regionally significant project as defined by the RTP and through discussions with community and transportation partners. Requires Council action and review by city planners, elected officials, and WFRC committees. Requires a 30-day public comment period and air quality conformity analysis.